Middle & High School Students
TRIO advisors and college mentors visit with participants at their middle or high school several times a month.
WorkshopsStudents meet with KU TRIO Talent Search staff approximately once a month for 30 to 60 minutes and participate in workshops on topics such as academic development, career exploration, and preparing for college.
AdvisingStudents can meet one-on-one or in small groups with KU TRIO Talent Search staff and learn more about a specific career or college topic, engage in scholarship searches, or discuss academic success.
Eat & GreetStudents meet with KU TRIO Talent Search staff during scheduled lunch periods and receive resources on a variety of topics such as careers, colleges, STEM programs, academic strategies, financial aid, and scholarship information.
Additional Free Services
- Academic development workshops
- Career exploration workshops
- College planning workshops
- Financial aid resources/FAFSA assistance
- Academic advising/career counseling
- Test-taking information (ACT, Accuplacer)
- Financial literacy resources
- Rigorous curriculum information
- College visits
- Scholarship searches
- Family workshop series
- Summer programming and summer camps
- Virtual activities
- Referrals to community agencies